Chevelles.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
with the possible group purchase from pui i'm seriously thinking of changing the interior of my 69 from black to white. all I need to replace is the dash pad and front seat covers to make my interior a nice driver quality black interior. it seems that some parts are not available in 69 parchment. i will keep my headliner and sail panels and pillars black. has anyone done this? is it worth purchasing the seat backs and bottoms in parchment or just dying them the correct color? how well do the dyed parts hold up? i really like the look of a black car with the white stripe and white interior. thanx for any input. mike

·
Super Moderator
990 Posts
I like the white interior myself. As for dying I have done some pieces but not heavy wear items so I really couldn't answer.

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
Mine has a PUI Parchment interior. All looks good, just the 'common' problem with the mylar trim on the door panels. Of course it gets HOT here so I've come up with a super glue solution for that. Its very hard to get the 'pearl' look with a dye. I haven't found one that duplicates the correct finish. The covers however look very good and correct.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts