Team Chevelle banner

'69 wheel sizing help needed

1096 Views 14 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  GRN69CHV
Guys, going w/the suggestions to run 275/50-15 ET radials. I've got 275/60-15 BFG T/A on there now, and the wheel has a 4.5 BS. There is no way a bigger tire will clear the out wheel well/quarter panel - it just about fits as it. I may be able to go a touch more to the inside - not much though. I'm about an 1" from hitting the 3" tail pipe.

What do to? 5" backspace maybe? I dont want to spend alot of $$ on wheels - these will be just a dedicated set of drag wheels.
1 - 7 of 15 Posts
Brandon, I'm having a problem finding a CHEAP wheel w/a 4.5-5 backspace that has a 4.75 bolt pattern. I'm too cheap to spring for 2 new SS wheels!
Anybody know of a 10" rear rim w/a 5" bs for cheap?
Good info Brandon.

I'll check into that link in depth. You must be able to read minds cause I was looking at those rallyes also!
Clint, can you elaborate?
Brandon, you must be a mind reader! I'm sitting here doing research and I'm like "screw it - I'm going to use a 15 x 8 w/4.5 bs". I got off the phone w/Mickey Thompson tech, and they said no-way put the 275-50 on a 8" rim (b/c it wasn't designed for that, and it can be unstable). That tire needs to go on a 10" preferably.

I'm leaning torwards the drag radials b/c the 275/50-15 can be put on anything from 7.5-9.5. That fees up alot of wheels for me.

I was kind set on the ET's though. But if DR's can hook Gene's car up I sure I shouldn't have a problem!
Brandon, I was actually looking into the ET Street Radials. Don't know if that makes much difference.
1 - 7 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.