Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having my 69 painted. The original weather stripping on the car is in exellent shape but since I'm having the car painted I thought I would have new weather stripping installed should I keep the old stuff on or is the repro weather stripping of good quality I found some nos stuff but its big bucks compared to the repro is it worth it to go nos or I'm I wasting my money? I don't want to skimp and have problems later.

·
Lifetime Founding Member
14,651 Posts
I put new w-stripping from A&M Soffseal on my '69 coupe and am happy with it. von

·
Registered
339 Posts
Had pretty bad luck with everything but factory weatherstripping. If it were me, I'd leave the old stuff on there and be careful while painting not to overspray on it. tom

·
Registered
48 Posts
take the old stuff off, it might look good but it's 30 yrs. old, paint job will look better with out masking and overspray, softseal worked for me, bob's right stay away from others.

------------------

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
Once car is painted any minor imperfections you dont notice now will stand out a lot more. I have had real good luck with soft seal and used several of their different weatherstrips, doors, trunk etc.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I also have used Soft Seal on several cars over the years, but my new favorite is Metro after trying it on the "Formal" Chevelle. They even custom made some pieces for that car, nice people!

------------------
Team Chevelle Gold #33
ACES Member #02913
Chevelle Club of Michigan
Livonia, Michigan

·
Registered
101 Posts
Both soff-seal and Metro have a lifetime warrantee. The Metro stuff seems a little more durable, and a little softer too.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Where did you get this weatherstripping from i never see any brand names when i looked in my catalogs thankx

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
Gumball-
Most of those catalogs sell either metro or soffseal, I dont know which ones you're looking at but I seem to remember most of the catalogs having brandname logos next to the products.

------------------
Steve
64SS-327-4spd-sold to Original owner!
65 Malibu 283/PG!!!
www.angelfire.com/ca4/chevelle/
Team Chevelle Member #71

·
Registered
740 Posts
I buy from year one and ausley's

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status