Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is the best way to replace tail light bezels on a 69? I already have the new bezles and gaskets. Is it a matter of just unscrewing them from inside the trunk, and then putting the new ones on?
Thanks!
Also, if anyone has any ideas on my prior posting about a 4 speed console install let me know. If I need to post it somewhere else, let me know.Thanks!!

·
Lifetime Founding Member
14,662 Posts
Unplug the light wires then remove the 4 nuts in the trunk at each quarter panel extension while holding on to the extension. You can now remove the extension (be careful-it can fall off). On the back of the extension, remove the small bolts or screws that fasten the bezel and lense to the extension and the bezel/lense can be removed.

------------------
von '69 300 Dlx SS Murphy's Law is always in effect

·
Registered
170 Posts
To add to Von's excellent wisdom,depending on how cherry your paint is (and if the cars extensions were painted OFF the car),you could encounter some edge chipping at the quarterpanel and housing joint....something to think about..also remeber to add some seam sealer b/t the panel and cap when you re-install.Godd luck.Shawn

------------------

·
Registered
170 Posts
***correction***I meant to say if your housings were properly painted off the car you should be ok.If they were painted ON the car,you could possibly chip some paint when you split the joint apart.and "Good Luck"

------------------

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.