Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of a good place to send my SS396 front & rear emblems to be refinished? They have minor pitting and a little paint gone. I know you can buy reproduction ones but I'd like to use the originals if possible. If so, what can I expect to pay? Thanks
Jody

------------------
jodysss396 (or Jody)
1969 Chevelle SS396
Fathom Green
Numbers Matching
TC member #921
A.C.E.S. #4348

·
Premium Member
1,698 Posts
Jody, to be honest I would either look for NOS (they are out there) or buy the repops which are not too bad. You are going to spend more money at a good chrome shop getting these done than what its worth and then have to do the detail work on top of that. My 2 cents.

·
Premium Member
3,400 Posts
I agree with Micky. You'll spend waaaaayyyyyyyyy more getting your old ones back in shape than it's worth.

------------------
Bill Pritchard
69 SS396 Convertible
"There's never enough time to do the job properly, but always enough time to do it over."

·
Registered
875 Posts
Jody, I agree with the good advice above. I would recommend, however obvious, that you keep your originals. Who knows, one day you may meet a guy in the plating business willing to do some bartering... have them re-plated at that time. I restored my emblems my self so I know what kind of time element you would dealing with, and unless a guy works for less than minimum wage, it won't be cheap!

------------------
Patrick, aka Merlin
1968 SS 396/325 4-Speed, White with black vinyl top & black interior.
TC#1017

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good advice guys. I'll just keep my originals and order the reproduction ones.
By the way, I completed all my grill now and it looks great. Really made a big difference adding the rest of the molding. Hope to get some pictures posted before to long.
Thanks.
Jody

------------------
jodysss396 (or Jody)
1969 Chevelle SS396
Fathom Green
Numbers Matching
TC member #921
A.C.E.S. #4348

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.