Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what it looks like exactly. My camino is from the Bay Area too. So I bet it was from the Fremont plant. I like the other assemblies better anyway. So, I guess I will fork out the money for some new ones. These are very junky.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
qas far as i know, the "big bulky ones" as you refer to them, are the correct elcamino parking lights... the smaller ones are chevelle only. putting them in an elcamino is incorrect.

·
Premium Member
2,909 Posts
I think Joey B may be correct.....unless it's an SS elky. Then it would have the smaller lights with stainless steel trim. Anyone else have an opinion or know for sure?

------------------
"Wrinkles only go where the smile has been!"
Buffett

My Elky

My Webpage

Danny Wooldridge
Member #1129
69 el_Camino

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
No, SS elkys had the same big lights as all other elkys... not to say there isnt a zillion SS elkys out there today with the smaller SS Chevelle lights though... but its not right. I've never seen an original unrestored elky, be it an SS or not, with anything other than the big lights.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I am 99% sure ALL 69 elkys had big lights, all SS trucks, all non-ss trucks, regardless of where they were built, sold, etc... As isiad, younow see alot of them with chevelle lights, but i figure thats because they are more redily available.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Pardon the "big light" reference, but they are big lenses, almost twice the size of normal 69 Chevelle lenses. The GM parts manual lists the part numbers for 69 front parking lamp lenses as follows:

69 Chevelle (exc. 396,elCamino)5961641
(These are for Malibu) 5961642

69 Chevelle (396)(exc.elCamino)5961623
(These are for SS Coupes) 5961624

69 El Camino 5961045

This clearly shows that el Caminos have different front parking lamp lenses. In fact, the parking lamp assembly (lense and housing) has a different part number as well.

Hope this helps clear up the confusion. The ones on my SS el Camino are the same as the photo in the previously mentioned post.

Woj 69 SS Coupe, 69 Malibu, 69 SS el Camino

[This message has been edited by Woj (edited 08-19-2001).]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.