Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone, im new to this list. it looks like a fantastic source of information, so im hoping to get some help here. i just bought a 69 ss 396/325 4 speed from the original owner. it is a bare bones car with the only apparent option being the ss package.the car has been repainted. my questions are 1)did all ss models have the side body stripes or was that an option? also, 2)should this car have a "chevelle"script on the front header? this car does not have a header emblem, and i can find no trace of one ever being on it. i have looked at the underside of the header for possibly filled mounting holes from when it was repainted, but there is nothing there. i found a couple of pics of non-ss models without this emblem, so i am confused as to what is correct.i want to restore this car to original, but not sure about what to do for these two items. also, where is the best place to look for the build sheet. i have the protecto plate and everything checks out, but would like to find the sheet. any help would be greatly appreciated.
thanks, all randy chaney
[email protected]

·
Registered
341 Posts
The stripes were an option, and there should be two emblems on the header panel. One is the script "Chevelle" and the other is "By Chevrolet". Replacement header panels don't come with holes in them for emblems, that part may have been replaced at some point. Finally, I found the build sheet for my 69 under the back seat. If not there, look behind the rear seat upper cushion, and if not there, the search is on! Sometimes they are inside door panels, under carpet, and even on top of the fuel tank How bad do you want it?? The protecto plate is good to have.

·
Registered
934 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,424 Posts
Bob, please check yor email address. I was unable to email you.
Luis!!70SS

·
Registered
127 Posts
The 4-speed is an option,the base package came with a MC1 Three speed manual. If your car has power steering that is also an option,power steering was not offered as standard equipment on the SS in 69. is the car a 4-speed with a bench seat? If it is the shifter handle will have a curve in it that clears the bench seat. If it has buckets the buckets are an option and so is the consol if it has one. If it has no consol and it has buckets the shifter will not have as much of a curve in it (it will be curved but but the bench one has a noticable curve to clear the seat).

------------------
CRUISER

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.