Chevelles.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 69 SS window sticker says it had a cloth trimmed bench seat interior...Well it has repop covers on it now....all vinyn..no cloth...

What was the deal on the cloth stuff. Could you have originally got it either way, cloth OR vinyl bench? Does anybody make repop cloth seat covers or have original material to have them made? Thanks.

·
Lifetime Founding Member
14,594 Posts
According to my '69 Chevelle Dealer features and Specs Guide, the bench seat was available in both cloth and vinyl in various colors. I'm pretty sure on Malibu based SS's the cloth bench was available as well as vinyl at no additional cost. On 300 Deluxe models with SS396 option the 752 Black all vinyl bench was mandatory as option 6752CA and was $12.65.

·
Premium Member
2,393 Posts
At one time Year One carried the cloth seat covers. I don't know if they still do or what years were available. What I do know was that the cost of the cloth covers were about 3X the cost of vinyl. Possibly the reason yours were changed.

·
Premium Member
8,074 Posts
Vinyl is reproduced. The unique cloth has never been repro'd. You have to be lucky to get NOS cloth for a '69 Malibu interior. Be prepared to pay if you ever find it. Maybe a clean Malibu could be a doner... Just dye & go.
Vinyl used to be mandatory on an SS prior to '69. It was seldom seen but available (standard) from '69-on.

·
Premium Member
3,400 Posts
Cloth seats were standard. All vinyl was about a $10 or $12 option.

For a long time there was a one owner blue 69 L78 for sale on Ausley's Chevelle web site. Had all the original paperwork, showing cloth bench seat.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts