Team Chevelle banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 69 SS 396 car with 2" spindle drop and Hookers.

On occasion the headers will scrape. I want to fix this.

I've seen in a old thread where someone said Headman Elites will fix this. But never saw anywhere for sure if this was the cure.

Anyone know??

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the same car drop spindles and all I have also heard hedmans elites fit the best I have patriots and I had to dimple them around the steering.
Cool thank you. Looks like I'll be buying a set and see what happens.

Will report back here in a few and let everyone know.

·
Premium Member
5,952 Posts
Make sure you have the correct motor mounts for your ride. That is a point that was stressed to me buy a Hedman sales person and also make sure you don't have the quick steering box, also was mentioned..

·
Registered
18,906 Posts
how low is your car?
it might just be as simple as getting stiffer springs- my Nova had the header collectors about 4" off the ground, and they never hit anything except for one huge speed bump in a traielr park where a friend of mine lived... i had that car set up for handling with really stiff springs.

·
Premium Member
1,616 Posts
Make sure you have the correct motor mounts for your ride. That is a point that was stressed to me buy a Hedman sales person and also make sure you don't have the quick steering box, also was mentioned..
So why not the quick steering box. It bolts to the frame out of the way from the headers? No!!!

·
Premium Member
5,952 Posts
So why not the quick steering box. It bolts to the frame out of the way from the headers? No!!!
I have no idea what the deal is with that steering box.. The tech told me this and stressed the point. make sure you ask about the steering box to hedman

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I ended up going with Doug's. Met a guy with my exact car and setup, but his was even lower. The Doug's tucked nicely and fit well.

However, for some reason the drivers side is at least 2" longer that the pass side. So Now my pipes are not level. Not to mention headers hit the upper control arm on the pass side.

Not to mention Doug's doesn't even finish the welds around the tube/flange area. Its spotted in areas. Not cool at all.

Not happy. Probably rip them out and try Hedman. Gonna get expensive to do something that should be pretty simple.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts