Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering how many or how rare front lower kick panel speakers are for 69SS.

·
Premium Member
4,478 Posts
Factory speaker locations for 1969:

Center dash speaker

Left and right stereo dash speakers

Single rear speaker in the rear package shelf

Left and right stereo speakers in the rear package shelf.

There was no kick panel speakers available. Sounds like someone did a "custom" install.

Joe

creator of Team Chevelle's radio info pages

·
Registered
73 Posts
From what I have checked into the front kick panel speakers were only available if a 8-track came in the car. I have two 69 SS's with this option. They are both factory setups. I am not sure of the number of 8-track setups made but I would think it was a little rare. I hope this sheds some light on your question.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
69SS,
I found where they were avalable thanks it did have 8 track ash tray had riveted handle now if I can find an original tape deck any sugestions.
Thanks mike

·
Premium Member
4,478 Posts
Sorry JBrown, an 8-track would make a difference, I thought you were referring to radio output speakers. As for your search for a '69 8-track player, try the want ads at this site or try ebay.com

The correct model # for a 1969 Chevelle 8-track player is: 91BT411

91BT421 is to be used in conjunction with the factory multiplex adapter set-up. (Factory am/fm stereo radio only)

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
69SSGA is correct. The kick panel speakers came with the 8-Track option. I've got an original car with that option. My brother had one with that option new in 1969. They are for real. The kick panel speakers only work with the 8-Track.

8-Track players are out there, but make sure you get the wire harnesses because it can get pretty ugly trying to make it work otherwise. If you need your speakers rebuilt, try Jackson Speaker Service in Michigan. He advertises in Hemmings and does an excellent job. Any more questions, e-mail me.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Are you sure SSGA that the kickpanel speakers only came with the 8-track? My dad's 67 has them and my first 69 had them also both of them had am-fm radios with the roll dial.

------------------
Malibu 307 (aka 406 smblk)
69 SS 396(aka 454)
Wolf in sheeps skin

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Plane69,
Good point my 69 assy manual shows front speakers as u57 and u79 I think with an amp but nothing on just 8 track looks like wiring is for stereo also could be wrong thanks for the input guys

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.