Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How can I remove the seat belt anchor bolts on my 69 mailbu [bench seat] with out destroying the anchor bolt covers, If I have to cut the covers off will it be hard to find new covers? I don't see them listed in The Year One catalog.

·
Premium Member
3,438 Posts
for the front bench inner belts there is a snap holding the cover over the belts, just undo the snap and you can get to the bolt. The cover in bolted to the car with the belts, it will all come off in one piece. Outers unsnap the cover at the rear of the plastic holder to get to the bolt, again after the bolt is out it all comes out in one piece.

------------------
70 chevelle ss396 conv
66 chevelle ss396 hdp/conv

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The anchors bolts I'm referring to are the ones in the floor on the sides of the floor tunnel.
There is no clips That hold these rubber covers over the anchor bolt, It looks like they are in place by being pinched under the anchor bolt washer.

L

·
0 Posts
The cover simply snaps over the seat belt. It can be easily removed. If you can't just pull it off by hand (which is how mine come off) try sticking a screwdriver in and down the side towards the door, and pry outward just a bit. It should pop free.

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
The ones Luke is referring to are a very flexible material, almost like a type of rubber, so there is no snapping them off. I have one in my hand as we speak. Here's what you need to do:

Lift way up on the end of the cover that the belts slide thru, and you'll see that the bottom of this end is not under the bolts. Thread 12 inches or so of the belts thru the cover so that you can continue to pull the cover back, as if it had a hinge on its back end. The part of the cover that is under the belt anchor and the bolt is only attached at the back end of the cover, so pulling it up this way will not tear it if you're careful. You should then have enough room to get a socket on the bolt. Good luck, and stick with Camaros

------------------
Rainer Seitz
Vancouver, WA
Team Chevelle Gold #50

'68 SS396 (soon to be for sale!)
'70 LS3 400 Malibu
'70 Malibu convertible 350/300hp
[email protected]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.