Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need inner fenders for my 69 the original plastic ones are cracked where they bolt up
I want to replace them with steel repro's
who sells the best. Year One? ect.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I haven't had any experience with these but I would trust Year One's because they seem to have superior products compared to some of the others out there.

------------------
1970 Chevy Custom El Camino aka Kaileigh
Green Mist & Silver w/Green Vinyl Top
350ci/300HP 4bbl & Factory Dual Exhaust
Non-SS with Factory Rallies!
TH-350 Automatic - 2.73 Posi Rear
My El Camino Home Page - www.dreamelectric.com

[This message has been edited by Shawn (edited 12-26-1999).]

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I have used the metal reproduction inner fenders that most classic car parts suppliers sell. The one's I bought were "GM Restoration" authorized. They fit perfectly and looked great.

From my own personal experience, I'd buy the metal ones. There is no significat weight difference and they won't crack. Don't pay much more than $100 apiece. Good Luck. Phil

·
Registered
13,196 Posts
I've seen TC ads for used ones that are advertised as excellent.

------------------
Tom Parsons

·
Lifetime Founding Member
14,711 Posts
I bought new steel GM Resto Parts (repro) inner fenders from The Muscle Factory for $99 each for my '69. They look and fit like original. They are one of the few repro items I've bought that I'm happy with. A lot of the repro stuff (mostly moldings) I've gotten lately are crap. GM NOS is the way to go on most things if you can afford it and find it, but these repro inner fenders are pretty good. von

·
Registered
101 Posts
At this time the steel are the best fit. I have used both ad prefer the steel by far. They are all made by the same company, so who you buy them from doesnt matter. Buy them from your regular restoration supply house.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.