Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not D96 stripes, but the regular double pinstripe. The assy manual show the stripe, but no reference points. If anyone has a survivor car, I'd like to know the following: how far above the upper front corner of the marker light bezel is the stripe, how far above the door lock escutcheon is the stripe, and how far above the rearmost upper corner of the rear marker light is the stripe. The car has tape stripes on it now (that I applied) but the more I look at it, the more wrong it looks. With these three reference points, I can lay them down correctly. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
12,727 Posts
Sorry Dave can't help with the dimensions. Just wanted to say I haven't seen them very often. I did see them on a 69 SS at a show last year. Owner was saying car was restored to original and even commented on the stripes. Just guessing here but seeing as how the stripes were an option I guess one could have gotten either style stripe.

·
Premium Member
4,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The narrow painted double pinstripe was a part of every Malibu and Non D96 SS that I am aware of, not sure about 300 or 300 Deluxe cars. If I recall from a CB seminar by Gilbert Propes many years ago, it was painted by a machine that went around the car with a roller, and was not the best quality. I've had two survivor '68's and that was the case with both of them, but I don't know the reference points for a '69.

·
Premium Member
1,291 Posts
check UPC 1 C4 in the assembly manual, it has paint stripe info, I think it is different than the D96 since the manual has a section for D96, might be what you are looking for. attached mod pics of the info take care, Andy

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My boot doesn't have that page, thanks. I'm going to try to use that info. There is no crease line on a '69, just a radius, and where to place it based off that would be subjective. That's why I was hoping for someone with a survivor car to chime in with actual measurements from a known reference point.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts