Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could someone please describe what the correct original wiper blades look like for a '69 Elky? Are they sort of triangular shaped with a satin silver finish? Are they supposed to be Trico or Anco, or were both available?
thanks
Verne.

·
Premium Member
893 Posts
On my 69 Malibu they are satin finished Tricos. I just bought a set from Year One for $13 a piece.

Jimmy H

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jimmy, I bought used ones and they say Anco on them. I paid more money too. Did YearOne sell you used or are new ones available?
Thanks. Anyone else have an opinion as to what was original?
Verne.

·
Premium Member
893 Posts
Verne, sorry I forgot to say they were new. They looked identical to the ones on my car, just 33 years newer. Please don't take this as gospel, but I thought that either Trico or ANCO blades would have been available on 69's.

Jimmy H

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
Not 100% sure, but when I worked in the Chevy parts dept back in the 80's I thought that the GM blades we stocked were made by both companies.

------------------
Rainer Seitz
Vancouver, WA
Team Chevelle Gold #50
ACES #3784

'68 SS396
'70 LS3 400 Malibu
'70 Malibu convertible 350/300hp

See them all at Rainer's Hot Rod Shop!
[email protected]

·
Registered
6,826 Posts
Should be Trico arms, Trico blades and Trico wipers. I have a beautiful set. If you want to buy, email me
Nate

·
Premium Member
2,001 Posts
I have a set of NOS Tricos on my 69. They are stainless steel and have a dull finish. Trico is stamped on the arm.

·
Premium Member
8,074 Posts
For what it's worth, when I bought my '67 it still had the ORIGINAL wipers blades on it (that explains the semicircular scratch on the windshield). They were 15" Trico blades. When I got my car safetied in '92 the mechanic tossed the originals. I was able to cheaply buy up the last couple of sets of NOS 15" Trico blades that my local supplier could get in '92. Since the arms and blades hang out where everybody can see them on the early models I wanted the correct look. If you can't find from a supplier, at least there is a remote chance that you could find a used set for show that will have been protected somewhat by the depressed park feature of the '68-up models (most of them).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.