Team Chevelle banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I trying to connect up the lock out and backup light linkage on a 1969 El Camino with Muncie 4 speed transmission from some mismatched parts. I have the correct pivot and rod up to the steering column but the rod back to the Muncie rev shifter arm on the trans is from a Saginaw 4-speed and is too short. I can lengthen it but would like to get a correct measurement off an original one since it is non adjustable. Could someone with the correct setup (should be same 1969-1972 Chevelle with Muncie), measure this rod from pin center to pin center and post it. Should be about 13 to 14 inches. Thanks for any help, Rich

·
Premium Member
1,680 Posts
Rich...I measured mine at 16 and 1/2" from center to center of the pins. Mine is all factory original, never been out of the car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rich...I measured mine at 16 and 1/2" from center to center of the pins. Mine is all factory original, never been out of the car.
Hey Tony you're the best. Thanks for taking the time to check, as it is quite a bit different from my guesstimate and I would have had a difficult time getting it right. Rich

1 - 4 of 4 Posts