Team Chevelle banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a lot of work to do to make it to Chevelle-abration, but I'm making progress. :)

This shot doesn't really show much other than how messy my garage is... wheels are still off from storage. Didn't want my Kumho Ecsta MX's to be exposed to freezing temps, so I kept them in my basement over the winter. :) Front seats have been in and out a few times for fitting, but the rear seat can't go in until I get some parts. I need my door jamb windlaces before I can put the rear side panels on, and those need to go on before the seat goes in. They've been back-ordered for a month, and nobody has them in stock. :mad:

This picture shows my gauges installed... that was a PITA getting them to fit. I had some interference with the steering column bracing. (nothing a die-grinder couldn't fix :D) and had to re-bend some of my brackets that hold the gauges in the cluster. What makes this really different from the others I've seen done this way is what's in the hole for the gear indicator. The bowtie on the left lights up blue for the bright-light indicator, and the "Chevelle" script is a copy of the C5 Corvette font. It is a black plastic piece with a white face (used to make name plates for office doors and such), and the bowtie and lettering are milled in. I drew up the parts and had my brother machine them out for me. :cool:

Now that I'm finished with that, I get to start working on installing my staple-shifter (with overdrive conversion), and swapping in a floor-shift steering column... then I install the X-pipe kit so I know where to put the driveshaft loop, and I'm ready to put carpet in and finish this interior up. :cool:

If I have time after all that is done, I'll be swapping front springs (going stiffer), lower A-arms (SC&C), and sway-bar (going smaller) and start tearing things up at the track. :hurray:

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
looks good. is this the vehicle with the c5/ls1 fbody brakes all around?

must have some crazy gears and trans in your car to do 160 at 2k. haha.

aaron

·
Registered
15,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, C5 front brakes, LS1 F-body rears. :) It also has an LT1 with C4 'vette fuel-rail covers, so the Corvette font for the Chevelle script ties in nicely. :cool:

My brother, being the smartass that he is, also made a plate that says "CHEVETTE" and gave me that one first. :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.