Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I've got the engine compartment completely stripped now. (Engine out, hood off, fender well's out)I took out the AC cooler and heater motor.(not going back in) My question is this. I have a large harness that appears to be only for AC and the heater. I have however traced one wire that goes all the way around the firewall and driver fenderwell to a relay next to my driver side headlight. The wire comes from a relay that use to be on top of the AC cooler housing. Can I rip all this wiring out and re-run the single wire from the fuse box inside. If there is a way to do this, I'm all ears. The wiring harness is so ugly. If need be, I can provide pictures of all this tomorrow. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
That large wire should have a fuse in it. Goes from the horn relay up on the front core support to the relay on the A/C suitcase. Wire has only one purpose, to run the blower motor on high speed. It is only installed in an A/C car. Since you won't have the A/C in the car, the wire is not needed for anything. At least, disconnect it from the horn relay.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
FANTASTIC!!! So power is going from the front relay to the A/C suitcase relay and not the other way around. Thats great. U da Man!! And you are right the line does have a fuse in it. So, can I remove the entire Heater/AC wiring harness? I really don't see a need for it. It comes out almost dead center of the firewall. What about the relay on the A/C suitcase? Can I rip it also? Thanks tons for the reply!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks again!! I'm headed home to begin removal!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts