Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know these hoses are suppose to be "ribbed" but should one of them have "GM" embossed every few inches? I've seen some that are both plain and some that have the one with "GM" logo. Which is correct?

Appreciate your response.

------------------
ACES #4241, TC #947
69 SS Sedan

·
Lifetime Founding Member
14,687 Posts
Don, I'm not positive this is correct, but most restored '69's I've seen have ribbed hoses without any embossed GM labels.

------------------
von '69 300 Dlx SS TC #15 ACES #1575
My '69 SS

·
Registered
964 Posts
I have seen both as well.I have the Ribbed on my car.I believe the ribbed are factory,and the GM logo hose is considered in service replacement.
Both are considered correct,but I wanted to have as many factory looking parts as possible.
It's up to the owner to decide which he wants.I have not seen any judges dock points for either style.

------------------
Rick Peters
ACES#175
1970 L-78...ON THE MOVE

·
Premium Member
8,074 Posts
Don, from everything I've seen the ribbed type is correct, but I have some old original articles on the '67 Firebirds that used the GM-stamped hoses. Maybe it was a Lordsdown vs. Van Nuys vs. Doraville vs. Oshawa vs. Tarrytown vs...
Certain plants turned out Pontiacs, some turned out Chevies, some turned out several different marques. I'd put my money on the ribbed variety.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.