1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm restoring my 69 malibu and would like to
know how close to original the reproduction
grill trim is? and who sells the best. If its of lesser quality I was
going to have the original trim that I took off the car repaired. If anyone knows of a good trim repair shop in the midwest please let me know.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Most available reproduction grille trim is pretty nice. With a little effort you can still find the trim NOS. Depending on how serious of a restoration you are doing, I'd consider using reproduction. It does look nice.

Try going to a swap meet with a known chevelle parts distributor and see if they have the trim, you can look before you buy that way. Good Luck.

[This message has been edited by Woj (edited 11-10-99).]

·
Lifetime Founding Member
14,662 Posts
I bought all three pieces repro for my '69. It was a kit but from two different manufacturers. One is fair, the other good. Email me and I'll give details. von

·
Registered
8 Posts
In my experiences I have found some good quality trim pieces but highly recommend staying away from "Corvex" brand for my experiences with it have been fair to poor. In Springfield, Mo. I have located a shop that straightens, and polishes trim and I am in the middle of getting ready to send him quite a bit of pieces to make good as new. E-mail if you want his name and/or number of his shop.

Troy North
1969 Malibu custom Aqua/Black
1968 Pro-street Malibu

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.