Team Chevelle banner

69 fuel tank vent holes

6416 Views 6 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  von
I have a fuel tank on my 69 with a vented gas cap. When I fill the tank up, fuel pours out of the 2 vent holes on the top corner. Question I have is can I simply plug those 2 holes as I am using a vented cap? I have seen some say they use a 3/8' line attaching to a fuel filter and then run a 3/8" line up above the tank, I assume this is zip tied somewhere in the frame?

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

1 - 1 of 7 Posts
Those vent holes are each meant to have rubber hose attached to them which points upward and is held to the body by a bracket. There is then a small filter ( with sponge inside ) that plugs into the two pieces of hose.

The vent holes are there which allows you to use a non-vented cap.
1 - 1 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.