Team Chevelle banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems my body guy is giving me a little grief about installing the fenders and hood (correctly and straight), we agreed on him doing them but now is reluctant. My buddy and I did the deals together, so I have a witness :) His were put on and everything looks awsome. Anyhow, I am a little nervous about putting on the fenders myself and trying to align everything correctly. Not sure if I am justified in thinking so or if anyone had any suggestions. If its a hassle putting them on I will just battle him over it, plus I owe him money, so I have some room to play hardball. So after my story, anyone have thoughts on how difficult this install would be? Thanks

·
Registered
6,633 Posts
Are you replacing the existing fenders or is the front clip just taken off????

Installing fenders isn't too hard, but it sure helps to have help while doing it..

·
Registered
216 Posts
I am assuming this is after the car is painted to reinstall the fenders.

If they were prefit they will go on the 2nd time pretty easy. You will need some extra hands to help. Tape all your edges real good so you dont chip the paint and take your time. Open your doors slowly to look at your gaps. Not a big deal.

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ya these fenders came off the car before paint, although they are aftermarket ones. Just painted fenders scare the crap out of me...I have the inners too, plus the front end pieces

1 - 4 of 4 Posts