Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since no wiring diagram exists for the factory gages, and my forward lamp wiring harness is hacked up, I'm groping my way through this. My question: would the factory amp gage work as intended with one side hooked up directly to the junction block (in front of the battery) and the other side of the gage tied into the hot wire going to (or from??) the voltage regulator? TIA.

------------------
Bill Pritchard
69 SS396 Convertible
"Life is short; eat dessert first." - Ogden Nash
My low tech web page

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
Bill that sounds about right except for the connection to the regulator!! My 67 amp gauge is hooked-up like this. Black w/white stripe to BAT terminal on the horn relay, plain black wire to the junction block just forward of the battery on the radiator support. All this gauge is doing is reading voltage drop acrossed the #10 red wire that runs between these two points. Should be the same for a 69 amp gauge!! Goodluck Mike

[This message has been edited by m22chevy (edited 03-21-2002).]

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
Also Bill, if your running new wires from your amp gauge to these connections I would include a in-line 2 amp fuse on each of these wires. Mike

1 - 3 of 3 Posts