Chevelles.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a pic of a 69 El Camino shoulder belt in place and stored on the interior pillar. I am missing mine and need to start looking for one. I also need the length as I was told it only fits elky. Gm parts book dated 1972 says part #8701694 for black El Camino only. I would think 68 to 72 are all the same. Thanks for any help on this.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I changed out the seat belts on my 70 EC to a modern three point and fully retractable set. Are you doing a full on as originally built restoration?

Rick

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
full on, its a 427 alum head car so I am keeping original. The only liberty I took was added a 4 spd instead of the automatic.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
full on, its a 427 alum head car so I am keeping original. The only liberty I took was added a 4 spd instead of the automatic.
I sent you a PM. I believe I have everything you need for shoulder belt set up.

·
Premium Member
1,161 Posts
The 72 connection point to the lap belt is different but the 68-71 are the same and are completely different from the sedan belts.
Of course there are differences between the Deluxe and Standard belts which are not interchangeable.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I ended up getting a set of shoulder belts off ebay and they came with a lot of unique pcs that the coupes dont have. Thanks for the info

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
There's a after market company that sells real nice belts for the el Camino. They are different. I just use lap belts on my 69 elco..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts