Chevelles.com banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did the 69 el Camino come with a bracket holding the tube at the gas cap? It seems weird that they would let that long pipe bounce around like that without any support..

Thank you,
Jeff

Attachments

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
My ‘68 had a small tab that was spot welded to the top of the neck about two inches from the opening and screwed to the body just above it. My replacement tank did not. After it flopped around for a while I made another tab and used a worm drive clamp to attach it to the neck like my original tank.

·
Premium Member
871 Posts
Did the 69 el Camino come with a bracket holding the tube at the gas cap?

Here's a pix of the bracket on a '68 El Camino tank. I assume that there would be one just like it on a '69.

Greg

Attachments

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you so much Greg!

I'm actually using the 71 tank for the three vents. I cap the end ports and connect a fuel filter to the center for a vent. Ever since I did this all of my fume issues went away. I also put a loop in the hose between the filter and the tank. I also use a vented cap. I never get that woosh when releasing the gas cap in the hot summer months..

·
Premium Member
8,929 Posts
Jeff:
The filler neck on my 70 looks just like the picture posted. The filler neck hold down piece is held in place with a ( Looks like a 3/8" Hex head Metal screw) it is black oxide.
Bob

Reactions: hydro462

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you Bob!

I miss the cruises badly... I hope something will happen soon... I want to go over your wagon, the last time I saw you at the Victory Cruise, you were in the middle of dinner and I didn't want to disturb you...

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
On my EFI conversion the neck was separate from the tank on the tanks INC set up. I ended up using the 70 to 72 olds cutlass neck support bracket that's being reproduced now.

·
Premium Member
11,595 Posts
Thank you Bob!

I miss the cruises badly... I hope something will happen soon...
Seems like most all the cruises in our area are cancelled. Some had been running up till a week or so ago. I havent been to a single cruise this year but have been taking the Chevelle out for a putt fairly regularly. Wish we could get together.

·
Premium Member
8,929 Posts
" Have Sta. Wgn. will travel. ".......... OK lets the three of us get together.
I was going to go to the Bowling Green show ( El Camino) this week, But I cancelled, Could not get anyone to go with me.
I am registered for the MCACN in Chicago this Nov. Need to find a co-pilot. I use the wagon a lot , Last week I drove up to Jennerstown.
Whenever younz (its a Pittsburgh thing) want to get together,,, Let me know................ I am just, Hanging In ,,Hanging Out,,& Hanging On!......:laugh:.................. We could get some to go stuff at DENNYS, Then sit along the road and eat. If, you have a Wagon or an El Camino, YA drop the tailgate, throw on the tablecloth and sit down and eat, Brad, your call on where you want to sit!
Bob

·
Premium Member
11,595 Posts
Thank you Bob!

I miss the cruises badly... I hope something will happen soon... I want to go over your wagon, the last time I saw you at the Victory Cruise, you were in the middle of dinner and I didn't want to disturb you...
Jeff,
I tried to send you a PM but was unable to do so. Was looking into maybe you,Bob and I getting together this weekend. Not sure where you are coming from but there are a few cruises around. Couple in north hills on Saturday. Hope to hear from you.

·
Premium Member
11,595 Posts
Any other Pittsburgh people care to join us?

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
On the gas tank. I ended up getting the spectra 890-3770-3N tank at Summit for $127.00 everything included it came with the lock ring kit also and is the same as there more expensive Spectra GM34K tank that goes for $237.00....

·
Premium Member
11,595 Posts
Jeff,
Sorry to hijack your thread. I dont have a problem going over to North Park, but next weekend is questionable for me. Maybe Sunday but probably not Saturday. On a related note I went to a good cruise last night at Mineral Beach.
Ill bet there was 250 or so cars there.

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have no problem, talk about what ever you like. I'd like to meet up with you guys at some point this summer.

Mineral Beach is a real nice cruise!

·
Premium Member
11,595 Posts
There's a real nice car cruise thats every saturday night at the North Park Swimming pool parking lot. Its not really run by anybody, just a bunch of gear heads getting together.. I cant make this saturday but I can make next saturday..

Here is the info from Carcruise.com
https://www.carcruises.com/cruise-details/?f_id=174127
Jeff,
Tried to send you a PM but no go. Anyway what you think about getting together with Bob this weekend at a cruise. Maybe Saturday?

·
Premium Member
11,595 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts