Chevelles.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 69 SS, it needs the rear quarter door panels, and I think one of the door panels is a little messed up. I can get some from a 68 that are in decent shape, are these an exact fit? If the pattern does not match, I'm not that worried about it, I will probably end up buying a door panel kit and redo them. I'm more concerned that the cores are the same....Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So you are saying that 69 panels will only fit 69? They are not interchangable like the 70-72 models? The bodys look so much alike, I would have thought the panels would be the same, maybe just a little different design

·
Premium Member
4,996 Posts
I am almost certain 68 and 69 are the same, just different patterns for the chrome and material pattern, rear panels should also be the same unless you have a convertible, you should be fine with the 68's panels if your not concerned with the pattern. jason.

·
Premium Member
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes, i am not concerned about the pattern, I will order the right pattern and redo them. Thanks

·
Lifetime Founding Member
14,593 Posts
The front panels are definately different between '68 and '69. The lock pull-up knob is located further forward on a '69. Also vent windows on a '68, none on a '69 hdtp or convert.

·
Premium Member
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh that sheds a different light on the subject. I just figured with the bodys so similar they must be the same

1 - 9 of 9 Posts