Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a problem with the mounting of my door panels on my Sport Coupe. It appears that the upper attachment clips not the same. The rear-upper door clip doesn't seem to match any of the others and consequently the door trim panels don't mount-up right. I was wondering if I can order the correct ones from somewhere or if I have to start searching the wrecking yards?

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
I had the same deal and found the solution was to go to a fastener supply house that deals in automotive clips and gadgets. They provided (for pennies each!) new plastic sockets and the metal clips for a "BMW 7mm". They look alike and fit perfectly.
So it is obvious that late model BMW's have put old Chevelle technology to work for them.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are we talking about the same thing? I am not sure. I am talking about the formed metal clips that bolt-down inside the top of the door next to the window glass. The door panel then pops down over that and the clip is suppose to engage the door-panel at the metal piece of the door panel that the window fuzzies attach to. I suppose this is a plastic piece for some REPO door panel assemblies.

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
No. I was thinking that you needed the push in type of clip that holds the front and rear edges of the panels. Sorry for the confusion.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I know the pieces that you are talking about.
They are sort of "S" shaped and fasten with a bolt to the top of the inside door frame. The top of the inside door panel should slide between that clip and the window channel. I had the same problem after my car was repainted, seem the body shop took them off and threw them away (only one of a thousand things they screwed up). Anyway, I could not get my door panels to line up either. As I remember, there is one clip at the front of the door and one at the rear, both different. I believe that the rear clip is about twice the size of the front clip. A friend of mine had a door lying around and he gave me a set. You really should try to get the exact right clips. Make sure you don't have two of the same size clips on the other door. I don't think anyone reproduces them so you might want to start looking at the salvage yards. Good Luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.