Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The lenes on my 69 dash are so scrached that nothing is visble. What would be the easiest way to cure this problem.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by L89SEDAN:
Get a new lens,,,L89SEDAN<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

L89Sedan I'm somewhat new and still learning so where do do I find new lenes there not in the parts catalogs I have thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just finished rebuilding my dash and had a rough time finding some of the parts. I found a place called "True Connections" in Riverside, CA. The guy has everything and will bend over backwards to help you out. His number is (909) 688-6040. He specializes in Chevelles, Elkies and Monte Carlos so he should have everything for you. Hope that helps!

------------------
69'Malibu 350

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just a quick tip that you may already know: the new springs are very tight and the first few times you close the hood can be difficult. Try and close it by pushing down close to hinge instead of at the head of the car, my buddy bent his hood in half that way!

------------------
69'Malibu 350

·
Registered
170 Posts
Two choices.1)Go to motorcyle shop and buy plastic helmet guard polish.2)Go to automotive paint supply house....I believe McGwires has a plastic lense polishing compund kit available...if not the shop can probably fix you up with an alternative product.

------------------

·
Registered
73 Posts
The lenses are not reproduced at this time and you will have to try to polish the ones you have or find a lense from another donor car. I polished mine and they look great.
It would also depend on the depth of the scatches in your lenses whether to find another set or not.
Good Luck

------------------
Jeff
Georgia
69SS and 67 Elky

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.