Team Chevelle banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
'69 Chevelle, gauges dashboard: Having tons of miscellaneous electrical issues. trying to take one problem at time:

1.) Ground for dash? The parking brake ground IS connected. Where am I to look for more? How many should there be and where do they connect?

2.) Wipers: runs at low and high speed, then when move back to off, it will NOT turn off. When I turn ignition to off, it will stop. 3 blades on motor. I canNOT verify whether motor/switch are concealed or not as motor seems to have been swapped.

3.) Lights: both turn indicators on dash (green lights) come on when I turn on parking lights. When I turn on headlights, the high beam indicator operates in reverse of actual Hi-Lo beam. It "heals thyself" when I turn switch back and forth in "dash lights control" mode but this doesn't give me much comfort.

Any help?

·
Registered
334 Posts
In answer to your Wipers question, I'll pass on what I've just learned troubleshooting mine. The center blade should be your yellow wires - this is 12 volts. The two on either side get grounded by your wiper switch, one for high speed, one for low. If they're concealed wipers, the body of the motor is grounded to keep the wipers running after you turn them off.
Here are two pics of wiper motors, the one on the left is for concealed wipers, the other, not.

------------------
Ed
'68 El Camino (Current Project)
'66 Caddy Conv (Cruiser)
'87 Vette Conv (Daily Driver)

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. This would indicate CONCEALED.

Would anyone have a solution as to why motor will NOT TURN OFF, when switch is in off position?

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
There's a small relay inside the motor that activates the conceal or park mechanism. That's not working right. Same thing happened on my car. I just bought a rebuilt motor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts