Chevelles.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard that they are reproducing dash bezels for the 69 chevelle. Anybody know anything about it?

------------------

·
Registered
15 Posts
I believe I saw them on Ground-Up's website recently. (our sponsor) You may want to wait and see if you can get some feedback from someone who has actually installed one, to find out what they thought about the fit, and the quality, before taking the plunge! - Al

·
Registered
108 Posts
Goodmark has them check out the web site. www.goodmarkindustries.com
part# 4032-523-692 $199.95 (w/o ac)
part# 4032-523-693 $199.95 (w/ ac)

------------------
My Car www.geocities.com/coopschevelle/

[This message has been edited by coop (edited 10-04-2002).]

·
Registered
66 Posts
The one from Goodmark looks good.

Question I have (hope this doesn't sound dumb) what dash/instruments should I get for this '69 project car? It is a non-SS car but am building it for an SS clone. I am assuming that one of the big pods is the fuel indicator and one for the speedo?

Was there a tach in one of these? And how do I make sure I have the correct harness? Were there just dummy lights for the oil and temp on these? I am assuming that the area just above the steering column contains dummy lights or shift selector for column shift cars? This one is a 4-jerker on the floor.

My '71 has a few more "pods" than the '69 and "I need a little 'hep here".

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
The left pod is speedo with odometer. The right pod is oil p, water t, fuel level, amp meter and a tach in the center. Big dollars to buy the gauge set. There's a couple of tachs depending on engine option code. And it does require a different wiring harness.

------------------
Dave Bradley
www.corvetteforum.net/classics/d1_bradley
'69 SS396 ragtop
'33 3W Coupe
'65 Vette BB Roadster

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 71LS5:
Question I have (hope this doesn't sound dumb) what dash/instruments should I get for this '69 project car? It is a non-SS car but am building it for an SS clone. Is there a tach in one of these? And how do I make sure I have the correct harness? Were there just dummy lights for the oil and temp on these? I am assuming that the area just above the steering column contains dummy lights or shift selector for column shift cars? This one is a 4-jerker on the floor.

Thanks in advance.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
71LS5,
D1 is correct in his description of the gauge cluster, and yes the correct way is to replace the underdash and underhood harnesss'. An SS car may or may not have the gauge package option, so you can make your car the way you want it, with or without the gauge package.
Without-above the steering column, if yours is a 4 on the floor will be blanked off, above that will be a "Chevelle" emblem that is lighted, speedo to the left, gas gauge and idiot lights to the right.
If you had the gauge package, the center location would have a clock and the right would be as Dave described it.
The gauge cluster may be installed without changing the harness. Check out http://www.noneckschevelle.com for wiring info. I used Josh's instruction to install a gauge cluster in my car minus the clock. Josh's instructions were Golden.
Good Luck!

[This message has been edited by Daytona Jeff (edited 10-04-2002).]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts