Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. I know that 70-72 Chevelles and Montes haad seat belt retention devices (for lack of a better term). Did 69 Chevelles have these also? If so, who makes them, Would the 70-72 ones be correct? Thanks- Jason

·
Registered
7 Posts
Jason,

My 69 originally came with bench seats, and the car had both the lap belt and the shoulder harness. Both are still there, however the female end for the shoulder harness is in a box now. The bench was replaced with SS buckets and console, and there are no retainers of any kind that I can see on it.

Stingray L82

·
Gold Founding Member
63,928 Posts
My 69 has the original buckets and automatic console.
The holders on the console are chrome metal U shaped brackets that look like the male end of a seat belt, one on each side. The female end of the belt slips over them (just like buckling up except you don't have to push the button to release).

I *think* the 70 - 72 are black plastic cup type holders.

------------------
Dean

macc.chevelles.net

[This message has been edited by Dean (edited 11-20-98).]

G

·
I thought 69s were different...are the chrome type being reproduced? I don't recall seeing them for sale in Ausley's, OPG, Year One, etc.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi guys, good news. I found the 68-69 seat belt holders on The Muscle Factory catalog. It think it's on page 30. They're 14.95.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Are these seat belt holders on all 69's with a console??? Mine does not have them and I was wondering if I should get them. I have a 69 Malibu Conv. If they are supposed to be there do you have the number for "The Muscle Factory"?? I have never seen them on any car before. Nor have I seen them in any catalog.

------------------

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have also never seen them on a car. Here's the number 1-800-762-0317 They are located in Anaheim Ca. The local # is 714-635-2314

·
Registered
16 Posts
My 2c for what's it's worth: I don't know if the 70-72 ones are the same, but I just came back from the Super Chevy show in Montgomery, AL and was looking specifically at 72s w/ consoles and I saw the plastic seat belt holders attached to the side of the console. I have a 72 ElCamino that I'm planning on converting to buckets/console. I bought buckets and console from salvage yard about a year ago when I was visiting family in Phoenix. I wondered what the couple of holes in the side of the console were for and now I know. I haven't checked the factory assy. manual or anything as I'm a few months away from my conversion.

·
Registered
12 Posts
'70 Factory Assembly manual shows seat belt buckle stowage "containers" on sides of console, "69 does not.

[This message has been edited by faldrich (edited 11-25-98).]

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all of you replies. Well, does anyone have an origional 69 Chevelle that has these?
Thanks, Jason

------------------

·
Registered
18 Posts
all 69's have the chrome style holder.
all 70-72 have the bucket type holder.
68 was the only year with no holder at all,

------------------

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
My 69 SS w/ buckets and console has the chrome seatbelt holders as origional equipment.

·
Registered
18 Posts
correction to my last posting:

early 68 had no holders
late 68 & all 69 had chrome style holders
70-72 had bucket style holders
I have twelve consoles, some of each style.
I have seen many cars with the wrong year console in them.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.