Chevelles.com banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get my 69 wired the right way. The car is an original 4 speed car but I have since changed it to a TH400 shifted by the orig. staple shifter. (I also run an internal regulated alternator, electric fuel pump and MSD ignition.)

Right now the console lights do not work and the reverse lights sometimes need a "hit" into position to come on)

I guess my question is: Should I get an automatic dash harness or work with (splice into) the one I have i,e the hacked up spaghetti 4 speed one?

I have added the console harness but the connections are not in the orig 4 speed dash harness (except the reverse light connector)so I am tentative to cut it up to get the console lights to work.

Thanks,

Chris

·
Registered
443 Posts
You sound like you're answering your own question to me. "Hacked up spaghetti" is never desirable for wiring, whether it's a car, a house, whatever. I think your instincts are correct to want to replace the harnesses with dependable, good quality reproductions. Know in advance that it won't be cheap. I believe the Dash Harness alone is just shy of $400. Cheap insurance to be sure, for the peace of mind you deserve, and the reliability factor that a classic like your '69 deserves. It will be a big (but doable) project and I'd be prepared for the project to grow because with the dash opened up you'll likely find yourself saying..."while I'm in here I oughta go ahead and__________."

SKIP

1 - 2 of 2 Posts