Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A local guy has a bunch of autos for sale - He is in the process of opening a resto shop (he's been doing it in his backyard for years).

Anyway to help finance his new business he has several of his projects for sale, including a '69 Chevelle SS with or without proper motor (396) and tranny, as well as '71 Camaro SS with or with out motor (454?) and tranny.

for the '69 he asking $2500 without motor or $6000 with and everything hooked up and running (it has a/c).

good deal? bad deal?

the '71 camaro I don't exactly know prices, but he started a frame off resto - the frame is completely re-done,- cleaned, painted, etc.

any ideas? or just pass? on all this stuff?
>>>Rod<<<

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Thats a hard call to make without seeing first hand. But I would seriously consider it if indeed it was a legitmate SS396. You have to weigh the additional costs you may incur to bring the car back to driver status etc. Sometimes these costs far exceed the value and the amount of time and expense you are willing to invest. Parts are not cheap and easy to find.

If he is hardup for $$, maybe he will take less then the 6 grand.

·
Registered
151 Posts
If the Chevelle is complete (less engine and trans) for $2500. that's the way I would go. But if you don't take the Chevelle, tell us where it's at. Enough said?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.