Team Chevelle banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't know if this is the right forum for this but here goes. I have a 69 SS 300 deluxe HT with bench seat and 4 speed. I have all the original drive train except. the engine. That was gone when I bought the car. I'am looking for opinions on what I should do with this car. The sheet metal work is done on the body and it's off my rottisare and the frame is now disassembled and on waiting to be sand blasted. I need to start deciding which way I'am going with this thing. The 12 bolt rear needs a complete , axel, gears, posi. I'am not an "original stock" sort of guy. My other cars have been more pro street/ strip. I would like to put a ford 9 and a 496 stroker motor in this thing. My problem is my buddy is a bone stock guy, 63 Nova SS conv., 69 Firebird ect, I says I'm nuts to not go 12 bolt and either not original 396 or 502. Sooooo, what do you think? Is this car worth more money, cuz everything gets sold sooner or later, my way or his way? By the way, the bench seat is staying, I owned a 69 SS with a bench seat in 71 so I'm lovin that!

·
Premium Member
4,995 Posts
I'm thinking if you've got documents proving what it started life as, then the originality is the way to restore it if you're concerned with resale value. If not, then it matters not and do it the way you want. 502 over a 496? I think your buddy's crazy. BTW, the 12 bolt will handle some major ponies so the 9 may not be a necessary evil. As stated earlier, it's your car do what you sit fit with it.

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
Do you have any documentation showing what the original engine was?
What color and trim codes is it originally?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tim, there was no build sheet in car. Trim is 752. Ptn is 57. I've checked most of the SS proof items, two fuel lines, two piece steering sector, disc brakes, duel exaust, factory hump for 4 speed. I guess with all the people who are very serious about numbers matching my question is is it all or nothing?

·
Premium Member
17,924 Posts
You can still restore it and have the modified type of car you like. Thats what have done so far. Mine is not original so I did the restification type of resto. I am not a numbers guy either. I wanted a car that wasnt original when I bought mine in the first place.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts