Chevelles.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
moved battry to trunk need to know what to do with small wire on battrey can i hook it to starter pos terminal it seems to feed the power to fuse block

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
I assume you are running a large wire up to the alternator from the starter. You need to for the alternator to charge the battery. If you do that the wire running across the core support will by tied in because the other end of it ties to the horn relay and the horn relay is tied to the alternator.

·
Premium Member
3,275 Posts
Back again with the 68 chevelle charging (volts)
problem again but even worse this time.John,you and I think Peter? helped me on this for days if you remember? Track last night had to jump start it five times and today messing with it in the drive way.Im sick of this damn thing and just about to put a for sell sign on it.It don't take much for the juice to be drained out of it.When it don't want to start the hot cable and the ground cable gets hot.What ever is going on it also won't let the nitrous work and Im sure it's volt related.It's been two + years and it's the same damn problem.

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
Last I recall your alternator was putting out enough to keep the battery up if you drove the car some.
If the battery was run down with all your testing the alternator won't charge it. An alternator is not a battery charger. It won't charge a run-down battery. Need to use a real charger.
Have you ever checked to see if the battery is being drained? Disconnect the negative cable and put a test light between it and the negative post. Light shouldn't come on with the key off.

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
Originally posted by driver:
I'll try that!Thanks.Could the kill switch be bad?
Won't be the first thing I would blame. Just tossing out a couple of thoughts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts