Team Chevelle banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just saw a 69 malibu in a local ad. Runs, drives, and the guy said it just passed Pa. state inspection. He is asking $2,000. I'm looking for a quick flip. Can I go wrong for 2k???

·
Premium Member
13,664 Posts
Just got to love the flippers...:sad:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's not that I make a habit of flipping cars but c'mon..2 grand, I'd be stupid not to buy it!:confused: I think? Right????

·
Premium Member
13,664 Posts
It's not that I make a habit of flipping cars but c'mon..2 grand, I'd be stupid not to buy it!:confused: I think? Right????
With out knowing the real condition and pictures thats about what it is worth $2K.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Running chevelle for $2000 ...hmmmm ... either he doesn't know a thing about cars (dummy born every minute) ... or he knows a lot about that car and has put a price on it that will make someone think its a deal they can't pass up (sucker born every minute)... or he just wants to be fair and help his fellow man (rare).

My guess is its been in a wreck - has tons of bondo in all the worst places (70 restore, 80s restore, 90s restore - 00's junk). My guess is you can flip it ... but you'll probably be pushing junk onto someone else and will have to stretch your honesty to flip it. Usually they want $2K for a seized up Chevelle under a tree with no motor, transmission or tires (and mice nests).

·
Registered
142 Posts
You must have asked the wrong people...lol

J/K but I went back to the post and they said up to $4500 and it says the engine is out of it...so it can't be running and sounds like some work to finish the body and interior

I have not seen a picture of either so it is hard to put a number on either of them. With that said I would not pass up too many 69's in running condition for $2K...in fact I paid $3K for a non-running Chevelle (near perfect body w/ fresh paint, new interior, no engine or tranny).

Sounds like someone may have been looking for a good deal on your project...but it would be tough to drive it with no interior, no front seats, and no engine...Based on what I consider runs, drives, and passes state inspection and your post I'd say we could be talking apples and oranges...just my .02 cents

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Pretty strange answers here considering last week I asked about my 69 velle and was told that in running condition probably worth about 2500. Now you guys say that 2000 is a suspect deal?
Its because he's a flipper not someone who wants to keep the car. I hate FLIPPERS......:sad:

·
Premium Member
866 Posts
Point taken. I paid 6k for it and have done most of the body work. I have a choice of 2 engines to put in too....gas prices are making me lean towards the 307, but my hot rod side says to put the 454 in it<G> Anyway, I'm just going to work it to completion. All I need are quarters, floor patches, and put it back together.

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
What the hell does this mean? "throw sum tints on it n u got a great creeper."

LK

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
What the hell does this mean? "throw sum tints on it n u got a great creeper."

LK
We have all types here in Pa.! Thats kinda what led me to believe I might have found a steal. I was wrong but it was worth the ten minute drive. Actually seemed like a nice kid though.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Point taken. I paid 6k for it and have done most of the body work. I have a choice of 2 engines to put in too....gas prices are making me lean towards the 307, but my hot rod side says to put the 454 in it<G> Anyway, I'm just going to work it to completion. All I need are quarters, floor patches, and put it back together.
Take the middle road and install a nice 350....:beers:

·
Registered
439 Posts
Nice place to start for somone really wanting a 69 to restore. 2k won't get you much these days. May be a hard one to flip. Nice for the guy that wants a project.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts