Chevelles.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in the car today cleaning up and labeling the wires for the dash. I have everything in place but i am a little stumped again. According to my wiring diagram i should have the following
tan
yellow
blue
brown.
blue yellow tan to the resistor
I don't see those wires. :frown2: is it a harness that is separate? if so where can i get one? thanks for the help!

·
Premium Member
4,477 Posts
I was in the car today cleaning up and labeling the wires for the dash. I have everything in place but i am a little stumped again. According to my wiring diagram i should have the following
tan
yellow
blue
brown.
blue yellow tan to the resistor
I don't see those wires. :frown2: is it a harness that is separate? if so where can i get one? thanks for the help!
Factory colors for a NON-AC, heater-only car would be orange, yellow and blue. The fan switch has these colors plus brown, brown is the main power feed. The heater resistor mounted on top of the heater box inside the car under the dash has a plug with blue/yellow/orange.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Factory colors for a NON-AC, heater-only car would be orange, yellow and blue. The fan switch has these colors plus brown, brown is the main power feed. The heater resistor mounted on top of the heater box inside the car under the dash has a plug with blue/yellow/orange.
yeah but i don't see those wires on my harness. i think i might have an issue then

·
Premium Member
4,477 Posts
So what colors do you have?

Factory harnesses still in this car?

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So what colors do you have?

Factory harnesses still in this car?
factory harness from what i know. I don't have any of those plugs for sure i have everything labelled so far but that plug is missing. Is it possible that this car was not equipped with heat in the first place?

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i am trying to research it but i found this. is this the harness i am missing?

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so i went to a friends shop today and and looked at his wiring harness. he has 2 plugs that go to the heating system. Mine is missing that harness. I guess i am going to wait until next year and upgrade my harness and get the heat correct way :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts