Team Chevelle banner

69 Chevelle Dash Light Sockets

5K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  MikeN 
#1 ·
A couple of the dash light sockets that push into the rear of my gauge cluster are busted. I don't see them in Year One's catalog. Does anyone know of a source for these? Thanks.

#3 ·
Well, I used to work the parts counter at the local Chevy dealer, so I went down yesterday and looked these light sockets up myself. The good news is you can still get them...the bad news is they retail for $25 each!!! Even getting a deal at dealer cost they're $10. I guess I'll pay $10 rather than spend a day searching a junk yard. I used to wonder how people spent so much on restorations, but it is no longer a mystery.

#4 ·
I hope that it turns out that the part you get is a package of 5 or more. That would be more reasonable. I went to the dealer for needles for the countershaft in a Sagninaw trans and they wanted something like $1.50 each and there were 50 or so needles. No sale here. Some of the pricing is hard to understand.

#7 ·
Thanks guys. I went ahead and bought 3 of the GM sockets. They even have about 6 inched of the correct gray wire attached. Part Number 8901282 if you ever need them in a hurry. Pep Boys also has a perfectly suitable replacement, a one-wire push-in socket for #57 bulb and 5/8 inch hole for about $2.50 each.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.