Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of piecing back together the original AC system on my 69 El Camino. I believe its all there, and found a badly cracked pipe coming out of the evaporator (as i stated in an earlier post) I am in the process of putting in a new evaporator, and a new clutch on my compressor. I bleieve everything else is ok, but there are a few missing vaccum lines. and ports with no vaccum lines at all. Does anyone have any knowledge of any of this stuff, or have a website detailing the installation of factory air? I know thats probably asking alot, but hopefully someone can help me. I'd really be happy if i can get this system to actually work.

·
Premium Member
893 Posts
Joey,
The 69 service manual has an A/C diagram that shows vacuum hose routing, I am not aware of a website that has this info. If it is just in the engine compartment there is only three vacuum hoses, let me know and I'll talk you though it.

Jim H
69 Malibu

·
Premium Member
893 Posts
OK, from the hose connector on the intake manifold behind the carb one hose runs to the vacuum canister mounted on the AC case (looks like a small coffee can) should connect to the center of the can. The other connection on the can feeds through a rubber grommet in the firewall to the AC control panel. Also through the grommet is a hose from the temperature control to the hot water valve mounted on the front passenger fenderwell. Hope this helps ya!

Jim H
69 Malibu

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.