Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone make a simple drop in set of headers for this car? It's PS, PB, A/C, Auto on column. I mean no permanent modifications, not removing plugs or disconnecting shift linkage temporarily.

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Take you pick Jerry, you have your choice of long tubes or short tubes. Jegs and Summit will have the biggest selection. They are easy to install

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Does anyone make a simple drop in set of headers for this car? It's PS, PB, A/C, Auto on column. I mean no permanent modifications, not removing plugs or disconnecting shift linkage temporarily.
I do not think your going to find a set of headers that do not require you to remove something to install them. My Youngest had a 68 with a Small Block and I remember removing the Starter to make it easier to get that side on and I also remember disconnecting the the shift linkage to get the other side on. Both sides were installed from under the car. I did have to buy a bracket to mount the Alternator, but other than the exhaust nothing was permanent.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, I've heard of those steps before. Not a big deal, it's nothing to hard for an old guy like me !

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
As I remember it was pretty easy/straightforward, I was trying to get the kid to do the work, after all it was his car and his idea. It really woke that 307 up. Make sure you get good gaskets and the Allen Head Header Bolts make it a lot easier.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts