Team Chevelle banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The seat covers are perfect, but the foam is crumbling and falling on the floor. Does it have to be a specific shape foam or would any shop be able to match? Anything else to address while seat is apart? Any problem with reusing same cover?

·
Registered
1966 Chevelle SS
1,125 Posts
If you're bringing it to a re-upholstery shop - they should be able to match it and put the existing seat covers back on.

Anything else while it's apart? Check your seat springs, look for any rust on the frames, ensure your seat tracks are in good working order.

·
Registered
6,743 Posts
Does anyone make the seat foam for a '69 bench? I'm not ready to do the interior yet but I'm going to have the same problem.
OPGI lists it in their catalog, but.........most upholstery guys will tell you not to buy it as they can cut and fit their foam for you for a lot less. I think the foam OPGI sells is around $220.........and it's probably not correct for 68-70, just 71-72.

·
Registered
848 Posts
East coast chevelle has foam for $160.I bought a set but it's back ordered. I am going this way because we are doing it ourselves and don't have the experiance to sculpt foam to fit.I will post when I get it and tell how it fits.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.