Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to put a tach in a 69 SS. It is a column shift so I guess mounting it there will not work because almost the whole column rotates when I shift. The dash bezzel is perfect so I do not want to drill it in ant way.

Also, I have an extra std guage cluster and I was wondering if anyone has ever taken guages from a later model car and modified them to fit into the std cluster?
Any help would be great.

Thanks in advance.

[This message has been edited by Hunter (edited 08-25-99).]

·
Registered
200 Posts
You have a bunch of options,depending on how big your tach is. I hace a 3 3/4 in Autometer Street Tach in my 69 Chevelle, I mounted it in the roof, near the rearview mirror. It's just 2 little screw holes. I routed the wires along the trim and down the pillar. It looks slick, and does not limit my view. Also if you have a car that was converted from column to floor shift, you can use the little "nub" for a mount. Or, if you have a roll cage, you can use an old connecting rod and bend it to the right angle. The big end goes around the roll bar. Looks really cool w/ an aluminum connecting rod. If none of those are to you liking, you can always use a big hose clamp painted black.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Big hose clamp. I don't like drilling holes in perfect interiors either.

------------------
Harley
69 461 El Camino Nitrous Model
69 Chevell coupe
71 SS Camaro
75 L-82 Corvette
71 Gremlin X
Kerrville,Tx.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I simply used two very long black zip ties. Its not fancy but with the little rubber pad between the tach base plate and the column it wont go anywhere. With a black column like mine, the ties are hardly noticable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.