Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used quotations in the word "Project" because this one looks pretty far gone. Can't say I have ever seen the trunk channel and tail panel THAT rusted on a '69. Neat color combo...sad to see this one in this shape.

Rebody time? 136379k364249

1969 Chevelle SS396

·
Registered
10,465 Posts
The sellers choice of pictures included in the ad tells a story. It's pretty safe to assume it's NOM, is it worth the effort re-body a car based on a trim tag? What's it's value as a parts car? With 6 days 3 hours left the high bid is $1,800+.

Steve R

·
Registered
1969 Chevelle 2 Door Sport Coupe Malibu COPO clone
5,668 Posts
:cool: "Rebody" is a BAD word, it's pretty much illegal to jack up the VIN plate and attach it to another car. I'dlike to see the SS396 restored with new AMD body panels, but...

·
Premium Member
1968 Malibu sport coupe, 489 ci. 590 hp 600 tq, RV T-400 Freakshow 3200 stall, 3.73 12 bolt posi
8,657 Posts
The vin tag laying on stamped metal, trailer I guess, I can only see 72, is that even a 69 vin tag? and no engine # or under pics, ???

·
Registered
7,810 Posts
That's a lost cause. If you part it, it'll bring at most $3500, so it's worth maybe $1500. Already overbid.
That is indeed a '69 trim tag....not a Vin. tag.

·
Premium Member
3,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:cool: "Rebody" is a BAD word, it's pretty much illegal to jack up the VIN plate and attach it to another car. I'dlike to see the SS396 restored with new AMD body panels, but...
I agree with the rebody comment...but I'm just stating the obvious.

·
Premium Member
3,707 Posts
The car is SCRAP....and likely has been for decades.

Seller appears to have Discovery Network Fever and judging by his wording, is a real.....interesting guy.

Car is located in Virginia Beach, VA. Did this car sit outside when Super Storm Sandy hit?

No thanks.....

·
Registered
10,465 Posts
The car is SCRAP....and likely has been for decades.

Seller appears to have Discovery Network Fever and judging by his wording, is a real.....interesting guy.

Car is located in Virginia Beach, VA. Did this car sit outside when Super Storm Sandy hit?

No thanks.....
That location would explain a lot if the area the car was kept is subjected to salty ocean ground fog.

Steve R

·
Premium Member
6,829 Posts
The trim tag looks like it rusted right off of the car. Looks to be sitting on the car hauler. 'Not a car I would touch. It needs everything. :surprise: Not even a good parts car. Very few parts will be restorable. Mainly only good for a vin tag and a trim tag.

·
Premium Member
3,586 Posts
The car is a pile, but, if the drivetrain is original it may very well deserve another look. I would need to see much more info and an "in person" inventory. I can't rule the car out from a restore perspective but only given to the right person as a labor of love. Many issues, this I know but not quite ready to designate to the crusher, tops for me would be (with oe drivetrain) as is, about 2K. As a parts car I wouldn't do much more either.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts