Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have not been to the track as this is strictly a street car. Combo is 496,AFR 325 CNC chamber heads,Lunati{UD Harold} solid roller [email protected] .660 lift.Isky Red Zone lifters,Crower stainless rockers,Team G intake, reverse pattern Turbo 400 with 3,200 stall and 12 bolt with 3.73 gears. Plenty of power for going to the store.

·
Premium Member
6,211 Posts
Looks very nice ,I will be watching for you down there . We will be there in my wifes 72 Malibu convertible again this year. We cant wait .

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts
That is a nice ride but that ain't no street car! Just because you can drive it on the street doesn't make it a street car. Full cage, tubbed, 32x14's (I'm guessing) race seats, no way. If you can drive it a 100 miles without issue it ain't a "street car" IMHO

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That is a nice ride but that ain't no street car! Just because you can drive it on the street doesn't make it a street car. Full cage, tubbed, 32x14's (I'm guessing) race seats, no way. If you can drive it a 100 miles without issue it ain't a "street car" IMHO
Me, my wife and my 6 year old boy took it on a 120 mile round trip last Saturday and the only issue was it burned 19.5 gallons of gas{if you would call that an issue}. 3,000 rpm is 70 mph. Yes way.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Looks good! I'm thinking of doing satin black on my elcamino until I get it painted and this car only makes me want to do it more!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Randy,

I will be at CTC also for the whole week. Look for a purple 69 prostreet with a blower motor. When will you be in town?

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts
Me, my wife and my 6 year old boy took it on a 120 mile round trip last Saturday and the only issue was it burned 19.5 gallons of gas{if you would call that an issue}. 3,000 rpm is 70 mph. Yes way.

Call it what you want. I love the car. Awesome looking ride. However, "In my opinion" I get tired of cars like yours being referred to as street cars. Looks nothing like it would if you bought at the dealership, not even close. It is a tubbed out race car, but a nice one at that.

Alan's 71 Corvette is a street car. My car with full interior, no cage, not tubbed, not back halved on pump gas is a street car. But you call it what you want.

·
Registered
443 Posts
if its got current tags, its a street car:thumbsup:
nice car

·
Premium Member
13,077 Posts
6 years building & finally finished...496, 700HP street car!
Very nice Randy :thumbsup:

And as always, thank you for choosing us to help a bit along the way it is appreciated :beers:

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts
Nice dude! I guess you only need the backseat for one that is the way to do it. Nice set up! I have 6 kids so I have no choice but to have the whole back seat.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Awesome car! Love the car seat.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts