Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 68SS with A/C. In all of the books it shows a three wire plug to the resistor pack. But on my setup i have a four wire plug. Is the wiring different on a ss than a regular chevelle? I have the lights setup not the gauges. Not being the orginal owner someone has done some rewiring. I have a cut yellow wire on the heater switch and can't figure out where it goes. The Hi,Low switch wire colors are different as well than what they show in the books. The wiring looks orginal, old, dusty, I looked at a 73 corvette resistor pack and it has the same four wire color pattern. Couldnt look under the dash though. Does anyone have the correct wiring information or know where i can get one? I have two, both are the same drawing.
Thanks for your help

·
Premium Member
2,223 Posts
The four speed blower started in 69. Can't say that all 68's got a three speed, three wire resister, and that all 69's got the four speed, four wire resistor. Does the switch have four or five positions? Four is off and three speeds, five is off and four speeds. In either case yellow is low speed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts