Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if a 71 SS Chevelle Wiper motor work in a 68 SS. Mine is shot and when I went to the parts store and their book only goes back to 1971.....Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hollander interchange says 68-72 will work. But like DG says there are two types. Hidden and non hidden. All malibu's are hidden type. To verify stand in front of your car. Look eye level across your hood at the windshield. If you can not see your wiper arms when they are parked, it is the hidden type. If you can plainly see the arms it is the non hidden type.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ace, a 71 wiper motor should work fine on your 68. I have a 72 Malibu (307 2bbl) that I robbed the motor assembly and arms from and they fit perfectly on the 68 SS396. One thing to watch out for is the adjustment on the connecting arm. If you don't have it adjusted correctly, your wipers will do some strange things. The wiring and hidden/ visible issue bothered me until I bolted everything together and flipped the switch. Good luck to you.

Johnny

------------------

·
Registered
648 Posts
you may want to check murray's auto or one of the discounters in your area. i just replaced one in my 69 and it was identical the the old one. it had the delco stamp washer pump and all. $50. lifetime warranty. . john

·
Registered
548 Posts
Hidden wipers use a round motor, non a square one.If you change to hidden you need the arms for both sides, also the trim at the bottom of the windshield for the blades to sit on when parked.It is a different shape on Malibu's...FRED

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.