Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone replaced the vent window rubber on a '68? I've seen a few posts about other cars. I just got mine yesterday from Ausley's, and I'm not sure how to even replace them. I assumed (I know, I know...) that they'd come with instructions. Door panel is off and I see some logical bolts, but want to be sure.

Anyone's help would be appreciated.

David Reinecke
1968 Chevelle 300 Sport Coupe Deluxe http://www.geocities.com/jdreinecke

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, it's midnight, I've got a pounding headache from a sinus infection, and I just got the driver's door done. What a pain in the posterior. Instead of having to drill out rivets, as some have said, mine had screws holding the frame together. Still, it wasn't easy and took 3 hours of fiddling to get it right. Just don't do what I did and slightly trim the rubber, thinking it doesn't fit right...check to see that it's in the channel all the way. Still works and looks fine, I just feel like an idiot.
Since I'm doing all gaskets, I did the window felt and the channel, as well as the door weatherstrip too. Roofrail comes next. I have noticed what a pain it is to shut the door now...

David "Too tired in Colorado" Reinecke
1968 Chevelle 300 Sport Coupe Deluxe www.geocities.com/jdreinecke

1 - 3 of 3 Posts