Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is somehting I should already know, but....

Can anyone tell me the difference (if there is one) between the headlight bezels on a 68 v. 69? Are they interchangable or are they year specific?

Thanks, Kurt

------------------
The 68 Chevelle info page. [last updated Nov. 30, 98]
www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Garage/6873/Chevelle/68_Chevelle_Info.html
The Team Chevelle Showroom. [last updated May 17, 99]
www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Boulevard/6987/
Email: [email protected]
A.C.E.S. #1352

·
Premium Member
4,842 Posts
'68 bezels are marked left and right with no difference between inner and outer. '69 are marked LO, LI, RO, RI, and are notched accordingly. I found this out the hard way by getting a '69 bezel for my '68. Using the part # in the assembly manual, the left side for '68 shows to still be available. The right side # is no good anymore and has no cross reference. Of course the right side was what I needed1. SSuper Dave (leaving for Nashville in the am!)

------------------

·
Registered
648 Posts
you guys are amazing i can't tell you how much time and effort you've saved me. i have a 69 with the black paint removed and i like the look but the are showing their age and i was going to replace them with the 68's that are not painted, i thought they we're interchangeable. thanks again. some one told me that double 00 steel wool would brighten my old ones up, sound good? john..

·
Premium Member
1,743 Posts
Be aware that there are also two different styles for 68: one style has the top edge rolled, while the other does not. I believe the rolled edge ones were used on the early models.

[This message has been edited by Gene McGill (edited 06-08-99).]

·
Registered
18 Posts
I used 0000 steel wool wet with water and really shined up my 69 bezels great. Look like new. I then painted the inside flat black and saved a bundle over the new ones.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.