Team Chevelle banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased a 68 with a fast burn 350 SB crate motor. While browsing the Summit Racing and OPG catalogs, I noticed that the 68 version of parts are often not listed. Generally, are the 69 parts interchangeable? Can I be confident in ordering 69 parts to fit my 68? Thanks all.

·
Registered
212 Posts
As stated 1968 is a one only year...save all your brake parts ..window regulators ..any chrome ..radio..
I just spent about twwo years on a 68 resto ...very frustrating at times ,,

But very rewarding at the finish ..:beers:

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I understand that each part is unique. I guess I was searching for a rough estimate on common parts like; Yeah, they're about 80% common but the xx & yy stuff is very hard to find. That kinda thing. Also noticed that 68 bumpers aren't readily available either...eeesh!

This new purchase has initial dash problems - no lights. Gages are fine but no lights. Also needs freshening up and I want to change the color from the muted green to black. I'm and engine guy. Electrical and dash work makes me squirm!! I live in Huntington Beach, CA. Can anybody recommend any interior & electrical resto sources?

·
Registered
570 Posts
Good luck with dash bezels and gauges on 68s..whenever someone decides to repro 68 dash bezels and gauges, prepare to become rich!:D

68 bumpers are available in repros, unless you are looking for NOS..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts