Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone please tell me which wire goes where from the "C" shaped plug into the steering column? I ordered the wiring diagram manual from OPG, but they won't ship it by itself and the other parts I ordered won't come in for 4 weeks. I'm wiring the car next week and can't wait. If I have to I'll trace the wires with my ohmmeter, but I hope to avoid that headache.

Thanks,

Chad

·
Premium Member
3,438 Posts
I can give you info from 70, which may get you there because from my experience wiring cars GM really didnt change color codes around these years. So you should be able to make this info work. I assume you have the steering column assembled and need to wire the column harness to the car. Here is the 70 info, hope it helps..

White- to stop light switch
Dark Green- to intermidiate harness running
to rear of car, RH stop/signal
Yellow- to intermidiate harness to rear of
car, LH stop/signal
Purple- to signal flasher
Brown- to fuse box, diagram doesnt show
where but looks like one side of the
flasher mounted on the box (other
side orange which is +12)
Dark Blue- to cluster, front harness RH front
directional
Light blue- to cluster, front harness LH
front directional
Black - to horn relay
Pink/darkblue/black- to key buzzer
Black- to left hand door jam switch

hope this helps...

------------------
70 chevelle ss396 conv
66 chevelle ss396 hdp/conv
55 chevy prostreet
69/71 camaros

·
Registered
95 Posts
cjlandry,

I own a 1968 and to be honest, I only know one wire and that is the black horn wire that goes to the horn button and the horn relay. Just something to think about...look at the wires for the turn signal lights, they are dark blue and green(I think green is one of them) They also might be in that c-cluster.

Good luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.