Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,963 Posts
If someone doesn't have one handy (I have 67 stuff), I did a Google search on '68 chevelle wiring diagram' and came up with any number of outlets having wiring manuals for $7.00, if that helps any.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
if you can't find what you need
I still have my dash and harness out of car and can look for what you may need

·
Premium Member
6,853 Posts
Frank, I think I have all of the wiring diagrams that are out there for a 68 Chevelle, and none of them have the gauge package wiring in them. The only difference from the idiot light panel is that the guages have different connectors. The wire colors are the same on the gauges as the lights. The water temp is dark green (from temp sender) and pink (+ 12v), the amp gauge is black (from horn relay) and black/white (can't remember right now) the tach is brown (from coil -) and pink (+ 12v). The fuel gauge is the same (pink & tan). The connectors are "ignorant proofed" because the way they're made they will only fit on the correct gauge one way. The oil pressure gauge is mechanical and uses a copper tube from the block, through a firewall grommet to the gauge. Hope this helped.

BL

BL

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Guys.. Thanks alot All this helps. I will contact a wiring harness company and see what they have to say.

Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts